If you’re one of the many health systems looking to the future and considering a transition to a self-managed freight program, look to VPL Surpass™—the first technology solution designed to make the extremely complex task of inbound freight management simple.
do it yourself…
- Eliminating the middleman markup
- Managing more of your freight
- Complete control over choice of carriers and carrier pricing
- Program designed around your unique company culture and requirements
- Make adjustments to your program as rapidly as the healthcare market changes
try to do it alone.”
- Countless carrier charge details that must be validated
- Supplier invoice records that must be monitored to maximize program compliance
- We guarantee no loss of any existing managed savings you currently receive
- We’ll handle everything until you’re at parity with your existing program
- Only after everything is set up and running successfully will we turn the keys over to you
- VPL Surpass runs continuously in the background, automating most of the processes associated with a successful freight management program
- Should a human touch be required, VPL Surpass provides easy-to-follow, guided work flows that anyone can follow. No experience necessary.
- All the data and analytics you’ll ever need to track your success and maximize the opportunities presented by self-management
- Our experienced specialists are always just a phone call away
We’ll quickly get you to parity with your current program, handling the conversion of all of your vendors while ensuring the same number of shipments you currently manage. You’ll experience no loss of existing managed savings and absolutely no risk.
As you do business with new suppliers, VPL Surpass identifies those eligible for your program, initiates the appropriate set-up instructions and provides guided workflows if direct supplier follow-up is necessary.
VPL Surpass continuously monitors supplier performance to ensure they are following the agreed-upon shipping procedures. If a supplier is flagged for less-than-optimal compliance, guided workflows ensure quick resolutions and maximum program performance.
VPL Surpass automatically retrieves invoice detail directly from your carriers and converts each invoice into a standardized format that is easily recognized by your AP system. Each charge is then subjected to a robust series of audits, and when errors are found VPL Surpass will help you obtain credits.
The matching logic used by VPL Surpass to allocate shipping charges can be customized to accommodate your unique accounting requirements. Its technology allows you to allocate freight charges back to the appropriate GL accounts in your own system before payment is made. This customization provides accuracy, saves time and presents fewer issues for AP.
After each charge on a carrier invoice is validated and approved, it is formatted for seamless import directly into your AP system for payment.
VPL Surpass analyzes shipping patterns and carrier data to identify opportunities for incremental savings in a variety of areas, including mode optimization, supplier fee reductions, dimensional weight charges, etc.
VPL Surpass comes preloaded with all the reports you might need to monitor program performance and report on savings.
Once you’re up and running with VPL Surpass, our experts will always be available to answer questions and provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to handle any situation quickly and professionally.
- Limited opportunity for customization
- Inability to hit savings goals
- Too much time spent on weekly invoices
- Lack of transparency in pricing
- Limited carrier options
- and so many more…